German high-end watchmaking brand Glashütte Original launches the new Sixties Chronograph Annual Edition, paying tribute to the style of the 1960s with a masterpiece on the wrist. The contrasting design of the new Sixties Chronograph recreates the chic feelings of the 1960s. Unique colors and textures contribute to the outstanding charm of this annual edition watch: the exquisitely carved starry sky gray lacquer dial is decorated with a gradient effect and shiny red gold hands, which complement the dark blue woven strap, showing extraordinary taste. The classic and timeless design exudes a fresh temperament, confirming the charm of the “Swinging Sixties.”
The 1960s: Facing life head-on and showing off freely
In the 1960s, the younger generation not only dared to speak their minds, but their uninhibited attitude also attracted the world’s attention. The fashion trends of the 1960s were eclectic, ranging from the simple lines and dark colors favored by the Beat Generation to the luxury and colorful blooms favored by hippies. Outfits are often a form of self-expression. Today, sixty years later, Glashütte Original reinterprets this concept with a masterpiece on the wrist. The new Sixties Chronograph Annual Edition is a masterpiece of exquisite craftsmanship and is evidence of the brand’s commitment to originality.
Chronographs from the 1960s: Extraordinary style, full of charm
Being different was the doctrine of the 1960s trendsetters. Sixties Chronograph The sixties chronograph watch quietly blends into it: it expresses its personality with a low-key and restrained attitude. The round 42mm stainless steel case has a complex and exquisite dial. From the dial’s center to the edges, bright gray gradually changes to darker tones, creating a beautiful gradient effect. In addition, the bas-relief pattern of the dial is made using the craftsmanship of the 1960s. Each dial embryo must be embossed with exquisite designs on the source through a 60-ton press and present a unique embossed pattern. Replica watches.
The two white Arabic numerals, the brand logo, and Glashütte i/Sa, are all accurately hand-printed by the dial engineer using a rubber pad. The diamond-cut hour markers with luminous dots and the red gold-plated hands complement each other. This watch is paired with a blue nylon woven strap, fully demonstrating the contrasting colors’ beauty.
The appearance of the watch inherits the iconic curved design of this series. Everything reflects this distinctive feature, from the dial and hands to the double-sided anti-reflective sapphire glass mirror. The brand’s watchmakers use diamond polishing technology to concave and convex polish the entire sapphire crystal glass to achieve an arched effect, giving a broader and clearer viewing angle to appreciate the dial and movement. Rolex replicas for sale.
Extraordinary heart: precise movement, tailor-made
This watch is equipped with the 39-34 self-winding movement.
The exquisitely decorated movement parts result from the craftsman’s skillful hand, such as Glashütte columnar grain, chamfered edges, tiny polished screws, and the 21K hollow gold oscillating weight with the classic double G logo. All the exquisite decorations can be seen at a glance through the arched sapphire crystal glass case back, showing off their style.
The Sixties Chronograph Annual Edition is equipped with a starry sky gray dial and pays homage to the lifestyle of the 1960s with an elegant contrast design. This watch will be sold in Glashütte original stores and authorized dealer boutiques from September 2023.
- Model name: Sixties Chronograph Annual Edition
- Sixties Chronograph Annual Edition
- Year of release: 2023
- Model: 1-39-34-06-22-04 (blue nylon woven strap with pin buckle)
- Movement: Beautifully decorated Caliber 39-34 self-winding movement
- Functions: Hours, minutes (center), small seconds (off-center), stop seconds, Chronograph with stop seconds (center), and 30-minute counter
- Vibration frequency: 4 Hz, equivalent to 28,800 oscillations per hour
- Running time: 40 hours (±5%)
- Balance wheel: light balance wheel
- Hairspring: anachronic hairspring
- Shock absorber: Incabloc
- Case: stainless steel
- Dimensions: 42 mm in diameter
- Interlug distance: 48.5mm
- Water resistance: 3 bar
- Dial: Gray/black lacquered dial with a gradient effect, embossed embossing, white Arabic numerals, cut-out hour markers, and Super-LumiNova dots
- Dial material: brass
- Hands: 5N red gold PVD-coated columnar hands, hour/minute hands embedded with Super-LumiNova luminous coating
- Mirror: sapphire crystal, double-sided anti-reflective
- Case back: sapphire crystal
- Strap: Dark blue nylon braided strap with stainless steel pin buckle